Going through a divorce can be an overwhelming and emotional time. Thankfully, you don't have to go it alone. If you need help filing for divorce in Utica, NY, turn to Kevin A Leahy.
Attorney Leahy will handle all the necessary scheduling and paperwork to take some of the stress off your shoulders. He'll also help you and your ex-partner come to fair agreements regarding child support and child custody. Talk to divorce attorney Leahy right away to learn more.
When filing for divorce, you'll need to provide a reason. The state of New York recognizes the following seven grounds for divorce:
- Irretrievable breakdown in the relationship for at least six months
- Completing a legal, one-year separation agreement
- Completing a one-year judgment of separation
- Imprisonment for at least three years
- Abandonment for at least one year
- Cruel and inhumane treatment
- Adultery during the marriage